Are you bothered by constantly rising costs, unhappy that individual stores regularly suffer excess inventories to meet vendor minimums and worried about timely delivery of advertised items to all of your locations to support promotional activity? GSA can help!
We will listen to these and other concerns that you have with the distribution process and work with you to turn them into opportunities for increased efficiency and profitability.
Cross dock distribution is a proven business strategy that benefits your business by lowering distribution costs and improving service. Retailers, importers and other businesses use cross dock services to increase distribution efficiency, to take advantage of inherent economies of scale and to facilitate the receiving operation at stores.
In principle, cross dock distribution is a simple idea. In practice, it takes exacting attention to detail; a thorough understanding of carrier services and rates, as well as transportation regulations; wide-reaching carrier connections; and technology in place to facilitate each step. GSA International’s cross dock services consistently exceed customer expectations in each of these areas.
Cross docking consolidates orders giving you advantages over competitors who use direct store delivery:
- As shipment sizes increase, freight costs decrease.
- Product moves more quickly, increasing inventory turns and cash flow.
- Minimum orders are eliminated because orders are shared with other locations.
- Paperwork is reduced.
- Warehousing is available; for replenishment orders and opportunity buys. Product can be stored at the cross dock ready for shipment as needed for sale.
Whatever your freight volume, frequency or load type, GSA has the answer!Request Service
Cross docking improves service, giving stores greater efficiencies:
- Deliveries are regularly scheduled and less disruptive than direct store deliveries
- Deliveries are made by dedicated drivers who understand and accommodate the receiving requirements of the individual stores.
- Personnel spend less time checking in orders because cross dock paperwork is uniform from delivery to delivery
- Retailers can use the cross dock to easily transfer merchandise between stores or to process vendor returns.